An intense, jewel coloured juice to bring cheer – and boost your immunity. Can be drunk as a thick smoothie, but is refined enough for the party season if strained. Drink as is, or gently warm to bring out the flavour of the spices.
2 ripe, juicy pears
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 dried apricots, soaked
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water
1. Juice the oranges
2. Put the juice into a blender along with everything else and whizz until smooth
3. Strain through a nutmilk bag or fine mesh sieve
4. Serve as is, or warm for 30 mins in a dehydrator
– If you prefer a sweeter drink, put the strained liquid back into the blender, and add a medjool date
– To achieve a bubbly drink, top up with some fizzy mineral water
Sharing recipes using seasonal produce is one of my favourite things.
If 2013 is the year for you to expand your culinary experiences or gain more confidence in the kitchen, make sure you join me in a forthcoming class.