Amazing what you can do with a few nuts and seeds. This pate is very portable and can be made ahead for taking to work or used when you are on the go. Eat as a dip, or as a filling for any manner of veggies, wraps, or breads.
If you have some home-made sauerkraut, or sprouted greens for garnish, all the better!
Serves 2 people
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked and skinned
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onions, diced
- 1 tsp miso mustard (or dijon)
- 1 tsp fresh dill (dried works)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp seaweed condiment
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Blend the almonds, sunflower seeds, celery and red onion in a food processor until fine. Transfer to a mixing bowl
2. Add the dill, seaweed sprinkles, lemon juice, mustard and seasoning. Stir well to combine.
3. Set aside for 5 mins for flavours to marry
4. Serve with imagination, and relish!